Blog #33 June 2026

 Happy 73 Years to the Chevrolet Corvette!!

Welcome to my thirty-third blog!! Today, 73 Years ago the Chevrolet Corvette left the Flint, Michigan production line for the 1st time. It had fiberglass bodywork and had a Polo White color. All 300 of the 1953 model were made by human hands. No robots yet. The Corvette is considered Chevrolet’s Halo sports car, giving the best while showing the best. Why would I be talking about Corvettes all of a sudden?, you say. Well throughout each month I look for days I would like to write about and with being 33 blogs strong I want to look for more unique themes. Do not worry I will always find a connection to Disney with everything I write about in these blogs. 

Case in point. At EPCOT Theme Park in Walt Disney World, they have a ride called Test Track. Where you ride in a vehicle you design artificially. You test out your unique attributes to the vehicle. The attraction has been sponsored by General Motors for 27 years since its beginning on March 17, 1999. At the end of the ride, when you leave the attraction you go through a General Motors Car showroom with real life vehicles. The ride has gone through 2 transformations since then with the current transformation Test Track 3.0 being open since July 20, 2025. The last time I was at EPCOT they were still updating it but in front they had a few General Motors vehicles including a Corvette. When I walked up, they had General Motors representatives talking a little bit about the vehicles. 

Cadillac (by General Motors) got into the Corvette physique for a little bit with their Cadillac XLR made from 2003 to 2009. This car was manufactured similar to the Corvette C6. Disney/Pixar’s Cars fans may even recognize Jeff Gorvette from Cars 2 & 3 as one. Jeff Gorvette is a 2009 Corvette C6.R and is voiced by real-life NASCAR racer Jeff Gordon. Speaking of race cars, F1 Mickey Mouse Car may look familiar…Disney Jr.

Disney is no stranger to representing vehicles in their films. Let’s take Herbie for example, he has appeared in not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, but 6 Disney films. Herbie is a 1963 Volkswagen Beetle racing car. He is currently on display at Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort at Walt Disney World. Disney Channel in 2019 released a one season mini series called Fast Layne, which has a futuristic talking car. This is slightly based on the planned Herbie reboot which did not move forward, or should I say did not race forward. 

It was so fun writing about all things cars. I can’t wait for the next blog. Until next time, keep your days open for more knowledge. Thank you to everyone who reads this blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #29 February 2026

Blog #30 March 2026

Blog #31 April 2026