Blog #13 October/November 2024

 Happy 5th Anniversary Disney+!!

Welcome to my thirteenth blog! Wow, I cannot believe it has been 5 years of Disney+. I have been a subscriber since the beginning. I started out as a General D23 member in 2017 and back in Summer of 2019 they offered a 3-year subscription of Disney+ to all D23 members (General, Gold, & Charter). General membership is free with email newsletter. Gold membership is a paid membership with email newsletter, yearly gift, and a quarterly Disney Twenty-Three coffee table magazine. Charter members are Gold members since the beginning of D23 (March 10, 2009). I was a General member when they offered a 3-year subscription to Disney+ and I decided to become a Gold Member that September. I have loved every second since.

A lot has changed to Disney+ since November 12, 2019. The first color of Disney+ was blue. 2020-2022 brought theatrical Disney films straight to Disney+ if not shorter theatrical runs including Pixar’s Onward, Soul, Luca & Turning Red; Disney’s Frozen II, Disney’s Live-Action Mulan, & Broadway’s Hamilton. They also brought Premiere Access for films released in theaters for those who wanted to watch them of Disney+ and not go out to theaters including Disney’s Live-Action Jungle Cruise & Cruella; Disney’s Raya and the Last Dragon, and Marvel’s Black Widow. Disney+ added an ad-tier subscription. Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ together became the Disney Bundle. After the 3-year subscription was over, I subscribed to Hulu+Live TV which offers Disney+ and ESPN+ for free. Hulu+Live TV is how I have access to the Disney Bundle to this day. Disney+ merged with Hulu for Disney Bundle subscribers and Disney+ now has a blue-green color. Disney+ has recently added 24-hour continuous streams of various genres including Seasonal (Currently Season’s Streamings for the Holidays), Disney+ Playtime (Disney Junior shows), Hits & Heroes (Marvel and other shows), ABC News Live (News, World News, 20/20), Real Life (Documentary, National Geographic), Throwbacks (Nostalgic Disney shows). They also added Daily Top 10 shows & Movies on Disney+. ESPN is planning on getting their own streaming service for all of their channels. There has been some reports that this new standalone streaming service will also merge with Disney+ as well. I would not think Disney+ will rebrand again with a new blue-green-red color but only the future will hold the answer.

It was amazing to celebrate 5 years of Disney+. I cannot wait for the next blog. Until next time, keep your days open for more knowledge. Thank you to everyone who reads this blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #29 February 2026

Blog #30 March 2026

Blog #31 April 2026